Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Circle Maker

I just started the book, The Circle Maker. We are reading it for our church leadership. Granted, I am only a few pages in, but I want to share how it has touched me already. 



"The greatest moments in life are the miraculous moments when human impotence and divine omnipotence intersect..."

"We pray out of our ignorance, but God answers out of his omniscience. We pray out of our impotence, but God answers out of his omnipotence. God has the ability to answer the prayers we should have prayed but lacked the knowledge or ability to ask"

These words are so profound. The book started with a biblical times hero named Honi that sat in a circle until rain came and ended a severe drought. Imagine if I prayed like that. Not small things that I know in my heart could be expected to happen, but big things that could only be explained supernaturally. What a testimony to the Lord! I want to create this post the be a thread where people can view prayers that I have and can add their own. I intend to share stories of how my prayers were answered.

1. Praying for God to raise up my children to be Godly.
2. Praying for a son to be returned permanently to live with his father and soon to be new mom.
3. Praying for Nora - http://iwillcarryyou.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/nora-6-days-old/   to live a life 
that influences those around her, and for her families faith to be strengthened.
4. Praying for Brian's heart to be ready to adopt a baby internationally and for God to be ordaining a sweet child for our family.

Those are just a few thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment