Friday, April 27, 2012

Songs of Encouragement

Last night was a long night. Caroline is sleeping better, but still not sleeping well. That is another conversation all together, however.

I ventured into a Christian Bookstore today to try and find some wall decals. I was reflecting on Deuteronomy 11:18-20 (which is taken very out of context, by the way). He wanted them to write to words that he spoke in Deut. 11:17 on their doorposts (super scarey words), but I think the message still rings true. We should put the word of God on the doorposts of our hearts and homes. Anyway, those decals are super hard to find. Instead, I decided to wander the store. I love wander shopping. It is sometimes more fun to wander and contemplate buying than actually purchasing.

In my wandering, I remembered that our pastor's wife had recommended Seeds Family Worship CDs to me. I saw Power of Encouragement and decided to give it a try. It is so precious.



The CD comes with two discs. One to keep and one to give away. My sinful heart thought, great, one for in the house and on for the car (we did actually give the other CD to a friend, later). The music is unlike most Children's Christian music. While children are singing, they are not the primary voices. As well, the music sounds like music you would hear on the radio. It is not perfect singers, but it is beautiful music sung unto the Lord. The songs are each one scripture verse set to music. So, the words get plastered into their hearts and minds. Well, I was sold. I listened my entire way home this afternoon and even sang along. But, what would Maddox think?

He LOVES them. He began dancing and grabbed his "atar" (aka. guitar/slash broom held at a horizontal). When the songs were over he said, "Mommy, play my music again." We immediately had another break dance session. It was a beautiful and joyous moment that the Lord allowed me to participate in with my child. Worship can be so simple and beautiful. I think that is how God intended it.

P.S. There are multiple volumes in the series. I can not wait to get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment